Wednesday 9 October 2013

Task 1a - My Professional profile

I have just been reading some professional profiles and thinking how I could show my personality through mine but also include all the detailed information without going on and on about myself as that might become a little bit boring for the reader! I looked at my profile what I had written originally when I set up my blog and it looks very bland with not much information included.

My two CV'S are very detailed and I think I need to find a balance between them both to include in my professional profile, so here goes....

 My name is Melanie Cannon and i'm from Liverpool :) After leaving school with 10 GCSE'S A*-C grades I trained at Liverpool community college for two years and gained a BTEC triple distinction in Dance and performing arts. I then moved to London to further develop my training at Doreen Bird graduating with a trinity Diploma in professional dance and musical theatre.

 In between training I worked part time in a bar and hostessed at a lot of fun events! including The Les Mis world premier after show party! I gained many transferable skills through my part time work and thoroughly enjoyed my 4 years living the London life!

 Performing has always been my main passion and I have always been set and stone in my ways of thinking 'I just want to perform' but recently in the last 6 months I have opened up to a lot of different opportunities within the performing arts world. At the moment I am shadowing a teacher across two schools in Liverpool teaching GCSE and A Level dance which I am thoroughly enjoying and embracing. Having not much experience in teaching I thought it would be an amazing opportunity to learn and develop teaching skills that will hopefully enable me to move onto a PGCE after I have completed the BA Honours course with Middlesex university. I have really been thrown into the deep end with the teaching but in my eyes that is the best way to learn!

 Other than dance and performing I really enjoy bikram yoga. Since graduating I started taking the odd class and now a year later it has become a part of my daily routine!

 As well as enjoying hard work I love to have fun!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie!

    Firstly HUGE congratulations for both getting into and completing your course at Birds!

    Secondly, I love Bikram too! Although sometimes I just feel like I've had a sauna for 90 minutes as every now and then the nausea washes over me again and I just have to lay on the ground!

    With regard to your about me section; you don't have any reference to the genres you are trained in, teachers you felt fortunate to be trained by, or any performance experience you have. Maybe this could add a fuller picture? Also you could think about adding some dates if you are a recent graduate.

    Hope this helps!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan :)

    Thank you was a very amazing 4 years! I know it is like working out in a sauna! but the feeling after is so good it keeps you going back!

    Yeah I agree I could add these points in! Which I am going to do right now :) Thank you so much for the feedback. I also see on your profile you do a lot of teaching, do you think I should add to my profile that I have a fully enhanced DBS certificate? or is that pointless really?

    Thanks Megan Speak to you soon!

    Mel x

    ReplyDelete