Saturday 5 October 2013

So here I am finally blogging! Feel as though I have left it later than I normally would to get started but I have been really busy lately. I woke up this morning nice and early and told myself that this was my main priority today :) I missed the induction because I was teaching in Liverpool and it left me feeling a bit worried as it would have been good to be there to absorb all the information about the course! I feel my brain works better by listening to people rather than reading the information! Today I have found the time to sit quietly in peace and read through everything and get moving with things which has left me feeling more confident! When I began my First year at Doreen Bird my dreams had come true and my hard work felt as though it had paid off. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I was about to leave Liverpool at the age of 18 and move to London to pursue my career in dance which I had dreamed about from a very young age! This was just start of 4 years of hard work, up and downs and the best 4 years of my life! As well as developing and growing as a dancer and performer I feel as though I really grew as a person and gained many life skills. Coming to my fourth and final year, I was excited about my future as well as feeling very nervous about going into the professional world! I didn’t have a clue what was going to happen, how many rejections I was going to receive and how hard it generally was going to be to try and pursue a professional career in something I have loved and dreamed of doing. I moved back to Liverpool and decided to commute to auditions and the option of topping up my National Diploma to a degree in the space of a year was an amazing opportunity! So I jumped at the chance and here I am about to develop, learn and grow even more. As well as attending auditions I am teaching GCSE and A Level dance in two schools in Liverpool shadowing the main teacher. I have really been thrown into the deep end with this which in my eyes is the best way to learn! I am thoroughly enjoying myself and trying to soak in and absorb as much as I can to learn and develop my teaching skills! I can say I am really looking forward to what the next year is going to bring and the challenges I will face. I am ready to absorb all the knowledge and information I am about to receive from students and tutors and try to use it to my best ability! Who knows what the future holds? But right now I am focusing on this stage in my life and what I want to achieve and gain at this moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment