Tuesday 15 October 2013

Professional Profile updated! hopefully the last :)

After reading Megan Lewis's comment I just wanted to add a few things to my professional profile which I feel will create a fuller picture....

My name is Melanie Cannon and i'm from Liverpool :) After leaving school with 10 GCSE'S A*-C grades I trained at Liverpool community college for two years and gained a BTEC triple distinction in Dance and performing arts. I then moved to London to further develop my training at Doreen Bird graduating with a trinity Diploma in professional dance and musical theatre and graduated in July 2012. I am trained in Classical Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Modern, contemporary, singing, acting and musical theatre. I have been very fortunate to be trained by a variety of fantastic teachers who have all had very colourful,successful careers.

 In between training I worked part time in a bar and hostessed at a lot of fun events! including The Les Mis world premier after show party! I gained many transferable skills through my part time work and thoroughly enjoyed my 4 years living the London life!

 Performing has always been my main passion and I have always been set and stone in my ways of thinking 'I just want to perform' but recently in the last 6 months I have opened up to a lot of different opportunities within the performing arts world. At the moment I am shadowing a teacher across two schools in Liverpool teaching GCSE and A Level dance which I am thoroughly enjoying and embracing. Having not much experience in teaching I thought it would be an amazing opportunity to learn and develop teaching skills that will hopefully enable me to move onto a PGCE after I have completed the BA Honours course with Middlesex university. I have really been thrown into the deep end with the teaching but in my eyes that is the best way to learn!

 Other than dance and performing I really enjoy bikram yoga. Since graduating I started taking the odd class and now a year later it has become a part of my daily routine!

 As well as enjoying hard work I love to have fun!! :-)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie

    Your personal profile looks and sounds great. It shows your experience off but also is a warm inviting read. It dosent lack personality which I worry of mine!

    I have too been constantly updating my about me section lots, but I think I'm going to add more to it! I really like how you've included your grades as well as your past experiences.

    I may mention you in my next blog I hope this is ok?

    Thanks

    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,

    I know I seen on yours before you had updated a few times, I was thinking I was the only one! but don't you feel like you read other people's and read comments and you could go on forever adding stuff?

    I really enjoyed reading yours, I like how you mentioned you love being creative and try to incorporate it into your every day job, its seems like you have a lot of experience and know exactly what you want to do which gives a really positive vibe!

    I love how organised you are! when I read yours I was like jesus I need to get to grips with my organisation! I go through phases where I am very organised and then I will have a busy few weeks and my lists will then be endless! you seem like you keep on top of things which is really good.

    I don't mind at all Beth :) Nice speaking to you and look forward to reading more of your posts!

    Mel :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Melanie,

    Good job. Creating a profile is like choreographing a piece. It takes time, iterations and it is through editing that the profile can be used to full effect. We all need to manage our online profiles, and your approach is the right one form my perspective.

    good to be following your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan,

      I know I didn't realise creating a profile would need so many changes! I have never thought about it from that point of view but now you say 'creating a profile is like choreographing a piece' I understand were you are coming from, as choreographing a piece takes a lot of time and there are constant changes along the way. When choreographing I never end up with what I started with at the beginning and that is what I have been like with my profile, taking on board feedback and also viewing other peoples profile gives me ideas and thoughts about my own.

      Enjoyed reading your Blog Alan, good to be following your posts too.

      Delete
  4. Hello!

    That was a scary moment seeing my name up there! I immediately felt guilty! I hope I helped, and it was constructive.

    I can't remember exactly what your previous profile said (although I could probably look back through your posts and see) but I think this reads much more professionally than the last. Well done. It's scary having people comment on your work!

    On a separate note, I thought it might be helpful if everyone added the 'subscribe via email' option to their blog? You can find this in the 'layout' section of your blogger clicking on 'add a gadget' (I've put mine above my profile) and then choosing the 'subscribe via email' gadget. I thought this could save us all time as rather than checking everyday to see what's new, we would get an email telling us someone has a new blog topic. Just a thought! I'm going to post this to everyone.

    Take care

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan,

      Oh i'm really sorry I should of warned you first or at least asked if I was able to mention you! Sorry.

      The 'subscribe via email' sounds really good if its a quicker and easier way to see new posts! I will have a little look and play around with doing it! Thanks for the idea.

      Speak soon Megan

      Mel

      Delete
    2. No, not at all! It's good to mention each other. It's not a problem.

      I've subscribed to those I could via email and also downloaded an RSS bot. I've written a post about my thoughts on both, if you want to take a look?

      Take care

      Megan

      Delete
  5. Thanks Melanie - sounds like you have been through the process of change. I like the way you have explained your work experience. Shadowing is a good way of developing an understanding of someone's job at a professional level. I just talked to a very athletic friend of mine who just took up yoga and she was amazed at the amount of flexibility required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula,
      I have indeed! The first couple of weeks I found it really hard adapting to a big change in my life, it was quite scary but I soon adapted to it! No doubt there’s going to be plenty of change throughout my life!

      Yes I am really enjoying it as I am shadowing 2 very different teachers, both brilliant but both so different! It’s interesting to watch them and learn the different styles of teaching and what works and what doesn't work, incorporating both there teaching techniques into my own teaching practice.

      Yes yoga requires so much flexibility as well as strength but the results are amazing! You should try it one time!

      Delete