Wednesday 26 March 2014

6c - Award Title


BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Dance)
This award title relates to my most knowledge and experience on the subject. Gaining a BTEC triple distinction in dance and then a level 6 Trinity Diploma in dance and musical theatre shows that this is where my strengths lie. However within the last year I have made a transition into the teaching side of dance and my studies and inquiry plan is based on teaching dance. I plan on developing my career in dance teaching in the education sector. So I believe BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Dance teaching) would be more beneficial to me. I have a wide range of knowledge on dance and the different dance techniques and believe I am able to pass this knowledge on effectively to students. Although I only have 8 months experience of teaching the subject, I feel I have gained invaluable knowledge and experience by teaching GCSE dance and primary school level dance. This award title I believe would have more benefits on my future career development. It has the word ‘dance’ in, which is where my most knowledge and experience lies but also the word ‘teaching’ which is what I am studying and doing my professional practice in at the present moment, in which I hope to develop my skills and have a successful career in.

No comments:

Post a Comment